RME ADI-8 DS is an 8-Channel AD/DA converter (used)
ADI-8 DS is an 8-Channel AD/DA converter with reference approach. The compact 19" 1U rackmount enclosure includes several outstanding features, like Intelligent Clock Control (ICC) , SyncCheck ®, SyncAlign®, TDIF/ADAT converter and Bit Splitter. AD- and DA-circuit automatically operate either independently or linked. The latest 24-Bit converters with 128 times oversampling achieve 117 dBA true dynamic range. All digital inputs and outputs operate at full 24-bit resolution. If you have been waiting for a flexible, fully professional yet affordable multi-Channel converter - the wait is over!
The ADI-8 DS is nearly identical to the ADI-8 PRO. Additional features include 88.2 and 96 kHz sample rate and Dither. DS stands for Double Speed, meaning double sample rate. As ADAT optical does not support sample rates higher than 48 kHz the DS mode requires two channels to transmit the data of one channel. The used method called Sample Split is compatible to S/MUX, and also found in the Hammerfall and Hammerfall Light. The combination Hammerfall/ADI-8 DS allows DVD-compatible Hi-End recordings (up to 8 channel @ 96 kHz), at an astonishing low price.
Use the following feature list to compare our ADI-8 DS with all other multitrack converters, and you will agree: The ADI-8 DS has the best price/performance ratio!
- 8 channel AD-converter, completely symmetrical and DC-coupled audio path, 117 dBA SNR AD
- 8 channel DA-converter, balanced output, 112 dBA DA
- ADAT optical inputs, 24-Bit, based on RME's unsurpassed Bitclock PLL for sample accurate lock
- ADAT optical outputs, 24-Bit, fully compatible to all ADAT optical inputs
- TDIF-1 interface, 24-Bit, Low Jitter PLL, Emphasis support, DA-88 compatible
- Bit Split/Combine, Copy Mode, ADAT and TDIF usable in all combinations
- Copy Mode adds a unique 24-Bit ADAT to/from TDIF converter
- Digital Patchbay operation, allows to copy, duplicate and distribute the digital input signals
- Dither available, for full compatibility to 16-Bit even at 96 kHz
- SyncCheck, unique technology to check clock synchronisation
- Virtual Sample Buffer, allows to use the internal Low Jitter Clock (quarz crystal) even for DA-conversion
- Automatic storage of all settings
There is a Broadcast version of the ADI-8 DS available: ADI-8 DSB. The DSB version provides a different I/O level of +6 dBu instead the +4 dBu of the standard version.