Brainstorm Distripalyzer DCD 8 (used) Missing Power Supply
Missing Power Supply
Brainstorm Distripalyzer DCD 8
With the proliferation of digital equipment, it is becoming increasingly difficult to keep everything synchronized and locked. Carrying on in the tradition of the Brainstorm Distripalyzer, the DCD-8, with 10 inputs and 17 outputs, is the perfect solution! Offering not only exceptional stability but also remarkable flexibility, the DCD-8 is ideal for most situations, whether you have a small sound studio or a large post-production facility with NTSC, PAL or HD systems. Clock generating, distributing, clean up, analyzing, format converting, it does it all for a very affordable price.
Inputs available are WC, GPS, AES, S/PDIF ADAT and video. Any of those external sources can be used as a reference. Or set the DCD-8 to "internal" and use it as a master clock generator. FireWire is also included, which some manufacturers only offer as a costly option. So, if you need to reference your Mac or PC to the DCD-8 via FireWire, you’re ready to go.
The DCD-8 will feel right at home in a video studio. The base model accepts NTSC, PAL, and even HD tri-level sync. And the optional video generator VSG-4 can generate many different formats of HD tri-level sync, as well as NTSC and PAL.
For Gearboxing, the DCD-8’s exceptional flexibility enables you to generate any rate from any source. The DCD-8 can also generate multiple rates simultaneously: 3 digital audio rates (up to 192K) and 4 video sync rates (2 SD and 2 HD). All locked to the same reference.
While all this is going on, the DCD-8 analyzer keeps you confident everything is running smoothly and helps you identify problems when necessary (phase, termination,frequency). As a bonus, the DCD-8 even does format conversion between the different audio I/O’s.
• Extremely Low-Jitter Clock with all standard rates, up to 192K
• Reference: External WC, AES/EBU, S/PDIF, ADAT, Video or Internal crystal
• Video reference to NTSC, PAL or HD Tri-level sync
• Two separate generators capable of generating two rates simultaneously, assigned to any of 8 wc outputs
• Outputs 7 & 8 feature a frequency multiplier: x2, x4, x64, x128, x256 for Pro Tools super clock and DSD
• Supports simultaneously .1% and 4% pull up/down rates
• VSO (+/- 200 cents) is available
• 3 WC inputs / 8 WC outputs
• Distributed clock is internally regenerated
• Silent audio sent to all audio outputs
• High resolution input frequency counter
• Phase comparison between different sources
• Termination errors
AUDIO ROUTER / FORMAT CONVERTER
• Audio I/O’s include AES/EBU, S/PDIF, ADAT, FireWire
• Any audio input can be routed to any audio output
• Audio outputs are reclocked, thus improving the sound of your digital source
• When locked to an external signal, in the event of a drop out or a source failure, the DCD-8 will switch automatically to an alternate source; if no alternate source has been selected, the DCD-8 will switch to its internal crystal
• Multiple DCD-8’s can be linked together via cable, while maintaining phase
VIDEO GENERATOR (optional) VSG-4
This optional card provides 4 video outputs, 2 in standard definition and 2 in high definition
• PAL and NTSC sync can be generated simultaneously and sent to each of the 2 SD outputs;
• Many HDTV tri-level sync formats are supported and any 2 can be sent simultaneously to each of the 2 HD outputs
The video generator can be locked to the internal crystal or to any of the external references: WC, Audio or Video