API 512c 500 Series Mic Pre Amp 2 of 2 (used)
Get That Legendary Console Sound!
With the API 512c, you've got the chance to own API's legendary front-end sound — at an unbelievably incredible value. Fitting into API's 500-series modular chassis, the API 512c has nothing but legendary heritage. This microphone preamplifier evolved from the original 1967-era 512 - API's first-ever modular mic pre - and it's brimming with that classic's same sonic character. All in all, you get an API console-level microphone preamplifier in a design that's totally expandable and realistically portable. If you're looking for classic preamp character, then you've found it: the API 512c.
API's been creating outstanding "modular" outboard gear since the 1960s - and the numbers "512" get to the heart of that heritage. The 512c, in fact, is a directly relative of the original 1967-era 512 - API's first-ever modular microphone preamplifier. When you call the 512c into service, you'll be met by that same, now-legendary sonic character - a sound that was so much a part of the early days of recording. In all, the 512c offers up high headroom, a wide variety of inputs and input access points - all with API quality and famous tone.
The beauty of the entire API 500 Series is its long-term flexibility and lasting value - especially when you consider that needs change over time. With a range of mounting frame options, the API 512c will be a valuable asset to your ever-changing studio rigs. It's also ruggedly designed with sound you just won't outgrow - crafted to be your sonic partner for year after year after year.API 512c 500 Series Microphone/Line Preamplifier Features:
- Mic Preamp with 65dB of gain
- Front and Back Panel Mic Input Access
- Line/Instrument Preamp with 50dB of gain
- Front and Back Panel Line/Instrument Input
- LED VU meter for monitoring output level
- 20dB pad switch, applies to mic/line/instrument
- 48v Phantom switchable power
- Traditional API fully discrete circuit design
- Uses the famous API 2520 Op-amp
- Rear Connector:Output on edge connector, MIC Input on edge connector, can be defeated
- Front Connectors:XLR MIC Input, hi-Z 1/4" Unbal Input
- Gain Range:MIC, 10 dB min, 65 dB max. Unbal HI-Z Input, 14 dB min, 50 dB max
- Maximum Input Levels:MIC, +8 dBu, Unbal HI-Z Input, +36 dBu
- Input Impedance:MIC Input, 1500 Ohms (150 Ohm mic), HI-Z Unbal Input, 20 K Ohms
- Output Impedance:Less than 75 Ohms, Transformer Balanced
- Clipping Level:+30dBu
- Frequency Response:+0, -.3, 30Hz to 20kHz
- Equivalent Input Noise: -129, Mic In. -125, Un-Balanced In.
- Actual Metered Noise: Mic, -95 dBu, Un-Bal., -90 dBu
- Distortion:Less than .05% at +4 Out, Less than .1% at +28 Out
- Size:1.50" X 5.25" X 6" Deep
- Weight:1 lb. 7 oz.
- Power Consumption: +/- 12/18 Volts/DC, at 40 ma.